On behalf of the dedicated men and women of the Highland Beach Police Department it is my pleasure to welcome you to our website. The site will provide you with an overview of the organization and the services our department provides to our citizens.
The mission of the Highland Beach Police Department is to provide our community with professional police service and we are diligent to ensure our efforts are directed toward the successful delivery of these services. Highland Beach is one of the safest communities in South Florida and keeping the Town safe and secure for our residents, business owners, and visitors to our community is the top priority for the Highland Beach Police Department.
The relationship with our department and the community we serve is an excellent one, and the Highland Beach Police Department is committed to strengthening the crucial bonds of respect and support with the citizens that we have sworn to protect. All of our efforts are focused on making Highland Beach one of the best and safest places for those to live, work, and visit.
The Highland Beach Police Department is dedicated to providing our community with quality police service and is committed to creating an environment of safety and security by deterring crime, resolving issues, maintaining safe roadways, and protecting life and property of our citizens.
To be recognized as a progressive law enforcement agency committed to improvement, professionalism, and excellence in the delivery of police service. Values We are dedicated to service and committed to excellence and will achieve this through our core values.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest level of honesty, truthfulness and ethical conduct.
- Pride: We take pride in ourselves as individuals, our department as a team, and our citizens as a community.
- Professionalism: We are committed to the highest level of professional standards through the development of dedicated and highly trained employees.
- Respect: We value that all persons are treated with equality, courtesy, and dignity.
Intracoastal Waterway Manatee Protection Zone
Please be advised that starting Sunday, October 1st, the speed limit in the Town's section of the Intracoastal Waterway (ICW) will be reduced to 25 MPH. Manatee Protection Zones are established by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission to restrict the speed and operation of vessels to protect manatees from harmful collisions with vessels and from harassment. The Highland Beach Police Department will be actively enforcing the speed limit, so boat safely and responsibly!
Hurricane season began June 1st and goes on until November 30th, and the National Weather Association predicts for this hurricane season a “40% chance of a near-normal season, a 30% chance of an above-normal season and a 30% chance of a below-normal season. NOAA is forecasting a range of 12 to 17 total named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher)”. Regardless of predictions, it takes only one devastating storm to make it a “bad” hurricane season. Our message is clear - HAVE A PLAN & BE PREPARED! Please visit the Hurricane Information page to learn more about safety tips and resources for this hurricane season.
Craig HartmannChief of Police
Police DepartmentPhysical Address
3614 S Ocean Boulevard
Highland Beach, FL 33487
Emergency Phone: 911
561-276-2458 (Delray Beach Police Dispatch Center)
Administrative Office Phone: